PerkinElmer Named 2014 Company of the YearOur partner, PerkinElmer, was named 2014 Company of the Year by Instrument Business Outlook, citing the company’s financial performance, market leadership, and innovation.
Perkin Elmer activities:
In Food quality and safety
With PE we can help food manufacturers to maintain quality, identify contaminants, and meet stringent regulatory standards.
- With Perkin Elmer instruments we can ensure the Safety of Common Spices:
Perkin Elmer expertise and instrumentation are helping to keep spices free of dangerous adulterants.
- The Secret to Successful Beer from a Top Chinese Brewery
Tsingtao Brewery in China is using headspace sampling from Perkin Elmer to ensure their brews maintain their high quality standards.
- Will the Real Vanilla Please Stand Up?
Perkin Elmer equipment helps the food industry and governing agencies keep vanilla pure and free of adulterants.
In Air & Water Monitoring
We help environmental labs, municipalities and consumers gain insight into air quality. We can bring Air Quality Monitoring to a Playground Near You.We can Perform both specialized and routine air analyses for volatiles and semi-volatiles in air.
The most recent development in our continued efforts to provide total system solutions to our customers is the Air Toxics Analyzer.
- Toilet to Tap - Recycling Water in Drought-stricken California
California’s Orange County Water District is leveraging technology to recycle millions of gallons of water every day.
- Shanghai EPA Enhances Environmental Monitoring
Shanghai EPA has consulted with PerkinElmer to select the most suitable and advanced analytical instruments to meet their monitoring requirements.
In Chemical Analysis
The analysis of everything from raw materials to fine chemicals helps determine product functionality and quality, as well as identify next generation innovations.
- How Remotely Analyzing Biofuel Increases Productivity
With the increasing popularity of biofuel blends, new regulations have forced companies to perform quality control at more remote locations. NIR methods allow different fuels properties to be analyzed easily and quickly, without lengthy sample preparation. We are assured of accurate and reproducible results to confirm product quality
- Exploring the Potential Dangers of Bisphenol A (BPA)The accuracy of advanced mass spectrometry identifies trace amounts of epoxy resins right down to parts per billion.
In Life Science
We help researchers and pharmaceutical companies monitor the progression of disease and develop drugs and therapeutics.
- Lucky Dogs Get Tumor Painted
PerkinElmer’s Solaris™ open-air florescence imaging system displays tumors in real time on large monitors under normal lighting conditions.
- Fighting Bubble Boy Disease
Fighting Bubble Boy Disease (SCID) a primary immunodeficiency disorder leaving infants with few or no T lymphocytes that help resist infections.
- Body Wars: Designing Antibodies to Fight Cancer
PerkinElmer’s Vectra platform is helping to advance research into immuno-oncologic treatments.
- Providing Hope Amidst Fukushima’s Nuclear Disaster
PerkinElmer is instrumental in accelerating the cleanup of Fukushima nuclear disaster.
- Powering E-Reporting of Lab Results at a Dublin Children’s Hospital
A children's hospital in Dublin adopted PerkinElmer’s Specimen Gate platform and began electronic reporting of newborn screening results, winning an IT award.